So, what’s ramarketing all about? In a nutshell, we’re a full-service content, digital marketing, and design agency for the life sciences industry. We get a kick out of delivering world-class work to clients across the global drug development and manufacturing sector and we’re pretty proud to have over a decade of year-on-year organic, sustainable, and profitable growth under our belt.
Today, we’re a 65+ strong, diverse, and talented team based in Europe, the US, and Asia, supporting 60+ clients across the globe.
The job purpose
The junior account manager (JAM) is a novice account manager with a few years of account handling experience under their belt. They are responsible for the workflow management and client communications of their own accounts as well as providing support to senior managers on larger enterprise accounts.
A JAM also acts as a mentor and support to account execs and sets a good example of the skills needed to get to management level.
They will also be intellectually curious and focused on developing all their skills sets to work towards becoming well-rounded integrated marketing consultants.
Client & people skills
- Sets a great example to execs and supports/mentors them in their role
- Good communicator on client calls and email with the right tone and level of information
- Plays a leading role in clients comms and calls
- Confident engaging with key client contacts and building a good working relationship
- Able to work well with multiple internal team members to get tasks accomplished effectively
- Can confidently speak up to contribute to discussions internally and add value on client work
Technical Skills (Marketing and Sector knowledge)
Good technical knowledge in one or two areas of marketing, eg content or social and starting to think in a more integrated and holistic way
- Full of new ideas to help drive creativity and approaches
- Researches subjects and angles creatively, able to inject new perspective into accounts and add real value.
- Always curious and asking questions
- Able to grasp key concepts and trends within the life sciences sector quickly
- Spots how other companies in the industry are doing things and shares these findings and ideas with account teams and clients
- First point of quality control for key deliverables before sharing with senior managers
Independently manage workload on ramarketing's smaller and single service accounts
- Proactively contributes to and drives workplans
- Good prioritization and deadline management skills
- Can forward plan and think ahead on accounts rather than just reacting
- Able to brief members of the delivery team effectively
- Able to suggest process improvements for the workflow management on accounts
The benefits of working at ramarketing
At ramarketing, we genuinely care about our people. We want everyone to love what they do and believe it’s our job to support our team members so that they can crack on with being brilliant. We’re 100% committed to diversity and inclusion and work hard to recruit, nurture and work with people and clients of all ages and backgrounds. Be yourself – we like it that way.
As well as offering highly competitive salaries, our UK employees can also benefit from the following:
- Flexible or remote working options available
- Annual company profit-based bonus
- Enhanced employer pension contributions
- Ongoing learning and training opportunities + one day a month provided to develop a skill or solve a challenge
- Private healthcare and critical illness cover, plus income protection
- A one-off additional 10 days annual leave offered after 5 years of service
If you like what you see, please upload your CV and cover letter detailing your experience and why you want to be part of our team. For any questions about this role, please feel free to contact email@example.com
The recruitment process for this role
So you know what to expect, here’s the process:
Screening: Candidate applications will be reviewed post-closing date, we’ll then let you know if you’ve been asked to the next stage
Interview one: We’ll ask you to come to our first interview
Tasks: If you’re successful in your interview, we’ll invite you to complete two tasks relative to the role. This is to get a sense of your skill set and approach
Interview two: We’ll ask you to attend a second interview to discuss and/or present your tasks.